Community Learning in Partnership | CLIP
CLIP was founded in 1995 by Janet Farr as a training organisation specialising in skills for the voluntary sector and the community. From early days, it found a niche in high quality training provision and management – particularly in rural Lincolnshire.
Over 25 years later CLIP is now a well-established organisation with the clear goal of widening participation in learning by people from rural, coastal and isolated communities. We work, with equal commitment, with young people aged 16-18 years who have under-achieved at school and with adults who are looking to refresh their skills – for personal development, family, higher education or work. CLIP is also committed to supporting people who have experienced mental health difficulties.
CLIP now works with over 2000 learners a year and has over 40 staff and tutors. Most of our work is located in our community learning centres in Mablethorpe, Market Rasen and Gainsborough.
The centres are open to all – pop in and see us!
Occasionally we partner with other organisations to broaden our offer and coverage. For this, we charge a management fee of 15%-20%. This information is provided as required by the Government’s Education and Skills Funding Agency.
Rated Grade 2 – Good by Ofsted
Most of the programmes are publicly-funded and therefore open to quality inspection by Ofsted and other bodies. We were inspected in October 2017 gaining a Grade 2 – Good.
We have a wide range of opportunities available including:
- Study Programmes for 16-18s including work preparation, personal/social skills, Maths and English, which we call Flare
- Community Learning for interest and personal development in a wide range of subjects both for skills and for wellbeing
- Accredited courses in a variety of vocational areas
- Employment and work-related skills for people looking for work
- English and Maths from Entry Level to GCSE
- Support and skills for people recovering from and living with mental health problems
- Teacher training
Giving back to the Community
CLIP is a social enterprise incorporated as a Community Interest Company (CIC). We seek to employ social entrepreneurial skills – garnering resources and opportunities for the benefit of the community
Status: Community Interest Company (CIC)
Company number: 6805136
Registered address: 8 Queen Street, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire LN8 3EH
Phone number: 01673 843489