The purpose of this qualification is to increase learner’s knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health
• Unit 01 Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
• Unit 02 Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
• Unit 03 Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
• Unit 04 Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
• Unit 05 Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
The course involves written work so English at a reasonable standard is required (please ask if you are not sure).
Access to the Internet, and access to a laptop or tablet.
The ability to send an email and search for information on the internet.
Good basic level of English and can write in sentences.
Be able to study at least 5-10 hours a week to complete the course work.
This is a distance learning course which means that you have the opportunity to work at a pace that suits you, and to fit your learning around your other commitments. Guidance work booklets are provided along with regular contact with the tutor via a range of methods suitable for you, email, phone, web chats and tutorials.
You will send your work to the tutor for marking at regular intervals. The tutor will give then you feedback on your work, and any areas for improvement or additional knowledge you may need to research to meet the unit criteria
Mental Health First Aid,
A range of other Mental health, Psychology or Counselling courses available on our website.