Flare is an aspirational study programme for 16-18 year olds. A study programme is designed to help you towards your chosen next steps in life. If you are unsure about what they may be, the programme gives you the chance to discover the exciting options out there for your future career.
Flare gives you the opportunity to gain access to the following:
- Support to reach a good level of English and maths, whether this be GCSE or Functional Skills
- Vocational qualifications and inspiration in:
- Health and Social Care
- Business and Adminstration
- Key employability skills which will include encounters with employers, in addition to work placements.
- Involvement in community projects, that will give you opportunities to further enhance your wider skills, which are key to life and work
- Information and guidance on the next steps to your future
- A weekly bursary of up to £20 per week, plus bonuses!
16 to 19 tuition fund
For 2020-2021 the government has allocated additional funding for one-year for schools, colleges and other 16 to 19 providers to mitigate the disruption to learning arising from coronavirus (COVID-19). The additional funding requested by CLIP will be utilised for eligible students enrolled on our Flare programme. It will be used in accordance with and for the purpose intended in line with the guidance for the 16 to 19 Tuition Fund in the 2021 to 2022 academic year only, as a result of COVID-19, based on an assessment of individual student needs.
CLIP intends to run additional tuition classes on a weekly basis to support students and to provide online resources and support to ensure learners have every opportunity to engage in activities to support them to improve upon their GCSE grades in maths or English.